Friday, August 26, 2011

One is done?!

"August 26, wow really?!", that's what I thought as I woke up this morning.  One month ago I was waking up to a little boy that I delivered in the wee hours of the morning.  It has been one month!  I can't believe it.  The month has been busy, fun, sad, and very exhausting.  So much has happened with surgeries, growth, feedings, clothing, diapers, cries, and smiles. 

From delivery to our newest milestone, which took place at the doctor's office today, we are doing well and definitely growing.  Nolan weighed 7.12 at birth, left the hospital at 7.1, was 7.3 at his first doctor's visit, a week later he was 7.7 and today he weighed in at an astounding 8.7 pounds.  I couldn't believe it!  He grow by one inch and is now 20 inches long.  And his head measured 15 inches round, up from 14 inches.  My baby is getting bigger. 

So what was the milestone you ask???  Well, as the doctor was placing Nolan on his belly to check his back, he decided to rollover.  Yes, rollover at one month old.  A fluke you say?  No, he did it three times, twice to the right and once to the left.  The doctor couldn't believe it.  She said, "I have being doing this job for fifteen years and I have only seen a one month old rollover a few times.  This is amazing!"  Yes, our son "the show off" decided today was the day to rollover.  (Of course today was the day I didn't bring the camera.. ugh!)

What else did we do on Nolan's one month?  Well, he had to get a shot at the doctors, boo!  But he did really good.  He cried for about 20 seconds, but boy was it a cry.  It was like he couldn't get his breath.  We then had to pick up a prescription for him for vitamin D.  I didn't realize that breast fed babies needed a vitamin D supplement (things they don't tell you).  Then we came home and while he slept I cut and filed his finger nails. 

We were going to go for pictures today but the rest of the world has gone crazy and we couldn't deal with it any longer.  People were out in masses getting milk, water, gas, and money.  I have never seen anything like it before.  It was worse than when we have snow storms, I mean these people were crazy.  So, we decided to come home and get out of the hurricane preparation craziness!  We are going to pictures tomorrow.

Over the past month, I have learn so much about life, even more than I did last year.  I am still amazed that our precious gift is here with us and just how special he really is.  I enjoy watching him sleep, talking to him, seeing his smiles, and feeling his soft little feet.  We are pretty close to being on a schedule but even without the schedule he eats about every three hours (four to five hours at night - whoop whoop!). 

Yes, month one is already done, but it was filled with many precious memories and there are so many more yet to come.

These photos were taken today...

"Yes, I know, I am styling!"

"This thing is double my size!"


Shannon said...

He is so precious.

Caroline said...

So happy for all of you. What a wonderful blessing.

Holly said...

He's an early roller! That's an accomplishment!

I've never taken a vit D supp while BFing. But I do drink lots of milk.