Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Twelve Weeks

Another week has come and gone and this one was crazy.  We had so much to do to prepare for Nolan's first day of daycare and my return to work.  From the beginning of the week till the end, I FELT NOTHING BUT DREAD.  I was dreading to send my little baby to daycare and return to work, but some things just have to be done. 

After putting off taking Nolan's things to daycare, Brian and I finally did so on Friday.  Nothing like putting a pack 'n play together during nap time.... yikes!  So the pack 'n play was set up, his clothes and spare everything (cause they need spare bibs, sheets, socks, clothes, burp clothes...) was in his little cubby, and we met his teachers.  He was ready for his first day.

Over the weekend I started the labeling process.  Now that is some work.  Everything, and I mean everything had to be labeled.  Now what I took to daycare on Friday was already labeled, but I had to plan his outfits for the week and label them.  Of course I am obsessive, so not only does he have outfits but he has matching blankets, which needed to be labeled as well.  After sticking and ironing (yes, I broke down and got iron-ons too because I know how some tags are picky and I ate it, and I couldn't stand the thought of him maybe picking) many labels to his belonngings, Nolan's items were all labeled. 

Monday, Nolan started daycare.  I couldn't believe it but it was happening.  Ironically, picture day was the same day.  Nothing like a professional picture to celebrate your first day of school.  After getting up at 4:30 and taking three hours to get ready (two diaper changes, two feedings, Nolan dressed, Mommy showered and dressed, and the four bags ready) we were finally ready to go.  OR SO I THOUGHT.  I heard a nice rumbling sound, then a squirt.  Yep a big poop.  Nothing like getting him all ready just to have to take him out again.

We finally made it to daycare at 8:30.  Nolan was taken out of his car seat and fed by his teacher while I filled out paperwork and talked with another teacher.  I headed off to the dentist and only called once to check in on him.  When I picked him up he was sitting in a bouncy chair sound asleep.  His paperwork said he had a good day, was content and full of smiles.  When I took him to the car and put him in his seat I noticed a tear in his right eye.  Talk about pulling on my heart. 

All and all, this week was a huge step for both Nolan and Mommy.  Let's see what next week has in store, shall we?

Of course we had lunch with Mommom again and it was really good.  The food was home cooked and you could tell, it was delicious.

Here are photos from the week:

Asleep in his swing

Love this face

"Seriously, jacket weather already?!  Do we have to have the hood?"

Cuddles with Daddy

"Look at me!!"

"Yes, just like my shirt says... I'm in charge"

"What you lookin' at?"

"Now this is the life"

Best video ever

"My first day of WHAT?!"

"SCHOOL!!! YAY!"

Lovin' the blanket

"mmmm fist"

"Wyatt, please HELP me!!"

"Oh just take the picture"

"At the end of a long day it's nice to sit with my dog"

No comments: