Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another Week Older

My boy is another week older, how can this be? 

After being stuck in traffic for what seemed like ever, a quick visit to my doctors for the stone issues, and a drop off at the post office I found myself sitting in the drive thru of Starbucks.  Today is rainy and chilly here in PA and it made me really in the fall mood.  What tastes like fall and comes from Starbucks, yep, a pumpkin spiced latte.  As I sat in the drive thru waiting for it to be made, I thought about how eight weeks ago I was holding my precious gift for the first time.  Yes, eight weeks ago, I can't believe it. 

As I sit here and think of what we did this past week, I draw a blank.  The only thing that comes to mind is how much my baby has grown.  It brings me to tears to think about how quickly time is passing.  I never thought that time could move so fast.  I hear so many people say things like 'before you know it he will be walking' or 'next thing you know he will be going to school'.  Before, I used to think these people were nuts, but I understand now.  Here it is 1:20p and I have no clue where the entire day went.  Today Nolan is eight weeks old and I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in recovery holding this plump dark haired little baby. 

Nolan and I went to my work this past week to visit my new manager and co-workers.  It was good to see people that I haven't seen in months (cause remember I was working from home for eight weeks before I delivered Nolan), but believe me, it made me realized how much I don't want to go back.  It's not that I don't want to work, it's just I would rather be with my baby to watch him grow up. 

Of course we went to the park this week as well.  We try to get to the park as much as possible on nice days to enjoy the end of the summer and the fresh air.  Summer is drawing to a close as the air is changing, it is getting cooler.  Nolan never did wear half of the summer clothing he received for his baby shower.  With the nights getting into the 40's and the days struggling to reach the 70's, I am not sure that he will ever wear them. 

Nolan had a cardiologist appointment this past week to ensure that everything is 100% with his little heart.  After being at the office for well over two hours due to issues with the storage on the echo machine, we met with Dr. Bonney who stated that Nolan's heart is 100% healthy. 

We met my mom at her work and had lunch with her at the park.  It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit.  Of course this made one mommom very happy because she was able to see her little guy on her lunch break. 

The photographer from 365 Portraits came this week to take Nolan's photo.  I didn't realize it, but we received one free 8x10 as part of the hospital package, so they came out to take it.  Of course, we couldn't just do one pose.  I can't wait until they come in.  Another update on this to come.  He was so cute.  Let's just say a pumpkin in a pumpkin patch!!!

Then on Saturday we went to the wee cycle sale.  This sale is awesome because the clothes are like brand new and incredibly cheap.  I purchased ten outfits for $44.00 and my mom purchased another ten or so plus shoes, socks, and a toy for $42.00.  Not bad huh?!

Her are several pictures from this week:


Nolan and Mommom

My poor baby all hooked up for his Echo

"Say what?!"

"You're kidding me.."

"Dude, really??"

"That's how I feel Dad!"

"What is on my head?"

"Now this is the life, cuddled with Mom"

Nothing like a good sleep in the park

OMGosh, he is just too funny

Mommy and Nolan, yep his tongue is sticking out.

Nothing like a good smile for the camera

1 comment:

Shannon said...

He is growing so fast and getting so big. I'm enjoying see all the photos of Nolan it's like we get to see him growing as you do. I had a pumpkin spice latte yesterday too. I'm not liking this Pa weather either