Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Forty-seven and eight... oops

Oh my goodness, I am so far behind.  Nolan is now 48 weeks, yes I missed a whole week.  I have been so busy the past two weeks.  Summer is here and we are full force for the next eight weeks.  Something to do EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEND.  Not sure if that is good or bad, but hey, we will get lots of family time in.

Okay, so time to play catch up.  Nolan has done so much in the past two weeks, so here goes.  In addition to his top left tooth (when looking at him) he now has the right tooth.  He is also starting to cut the two bottom front teeth.  He hasn't been too bad with the teething thing, a bit whiney but nothing more.  Nolan is eating a lot of real foods now.  He loves noodles and bread.  He does okay with most meats but hamburger, though he loves it, gets him every time.  Tonight for dinner the boy ate taco meat, tomatoes, and olives.  LOL.  He doesn't like yogurt and he is trying to avoid most baby food at the moment.  There are days when I feel like I have to push the food down and I give up.  He loves his puffies and the cheese curls.  Drinking from Mommy's water bottle is also a highlight of the day.

Nolan is standing and pulling himself up so well.  He sits so much better and he is actually starting to climb... God help me.  While vacuuming today, I looked behind me and he was two steps up.  I had to do a double take since it was the first time he attempted to get up the steps.  He still loves the dogs and he enjoys it when Cody tries to bite him.  Yes, my son is nuts!

We had crabs over the weekend with Gramps.  Nolan sat on the floor with the crabs and got a kick out of them.  Too funny.  We had a few pool days in the past two weeks, lots of time with the kids that I watch, and time with a few other kids too.  I found out a local consignment store is closing and I went to meet with the owner to see about purchasing it.  After considering it long and hard, I decided not to.  I have however, start a FB page to see if it takes off.  If so, a store front is the next step.

We are just a month away from Nolan's first birthday and I have given the theme a lot of thought.  I am still trying to find someone to make the perfect cake, but I am not having any luck.  Mostly everything else is planned, just need to figure out the food.

Just today Nolan started clapping.  OMG, it is so cute.  I looked down at him at one point today and he was doing it.  I don't think he realized how I would react.  I did the whole "yay" thing and he now expects the "yay" each time he does it.  I swear, the baby I once knew is now becoming a toddler.  Sniffle sniffle...

Well, here a pictures from the last two weeks:

The new sleep position.. face covered

Standing up tall

"Ziggy is awesome"

"Uncle Ryan.. look at me!"

Fun is the pool with Hayley

"Mom, this new toy is awesome!!"

"Mommy and me"
I love this photo!!!

"Let's read.... this one!"

"What in the.... "

"This is just STRANGE!"

Pool time...

Newest item in the house... walker!!!  Thanks Gramps

No comments: